Sunday, August 26, 2007

"...and Vick is gone!"

As NFL fans, we are used to hearing this phrase on a Sunday afternoon from broadcasters as Michael Vick takes off on a scramble around the end and finds a seam to the end zone.

Now, he's scrambling for his career, reputation, and life...well, life as he has known it.

On the evening of August 24th, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell nailed another one out of the park and suspended Vick indefinitely from playing in the NFL only hours after his guilty plea.

Here is the letter that Goodell sent to Michael Vick. There were moments of laughter, crying, and cringing as I read this letter yesterday morning all the while with a big smile on my face. I pumped my fist as I realized that we as football fans finally have a REAL NFL commissioner who honestly cares about the integrity of this sport.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/070824/michaelvickletter.pdf

No comments: