Friday, August 10, 2007

Welcome to The Sports Club!

NFL. Barry Bonds. Michael Vick. Steroids. Tiger. Bowl games or playoff format. Skateboarder Jake Brown's fall.

David Beckham...ok..maybe not him.

This is the "Starbucks" where you can feel welcome to come sit and relax while discussing today's sports issues, personalities, events, etc. I will use this venue to offer my viewpoint, attitude, and opinion, but I want to hear what you have to say too. There is a lot to glean and learn from in the world of sports and I'd like to share that journey with you.

I will also be using this site to post my weekly football picks during each NFL season which will be introduced by my season preview of each NFL squad. I am an amateur enthusiast and passionate fan of NFL football and have been following it for most of my life like many of you have. I stay focused during each season and attempt to decipher the strategy of each team and the outcome of each game considering ALL factors both on and off the gridiron.

Major League Baseball has a very special place in my heart as well. I love the game and the history of this hallowed sport. Most fans let steroids, free agency, salaries, agents, owners, and hot dog prices create their attitudes and perspectives of baseball. Call me a purist, but I tend to focus on the game itself and my high level of common sense to keep me balanced and even-keeled so as to not dilute my intense love for this institution.

NBA basketball has not escaped the controversy spotlight in the wake of the Tim Donaghy scandal. The popularity and future success (in every sense of the word) of this sport just might hinge on the outcome of this investigation. This is a very popular sport world-wide thanks to the popularity of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and Mark Cuban. I do love and enjoy watching and going to NBA games, but it's no football or baseball.

I will also discuss and listen to any comments and views on golf, college football and basketball, and possibly NASCAR.

You will run into brief responses if the pendulum swings to NHL hockey, tennis, boxing, and the Olympics.

Any mention of soccer, the WNBA, lacrosse, horse racing, and the Tour De France will be met with very few words, but they will be clothed in grace and a big smile.

I invite you to be a frequent member of this club. Walk on in to the bar, take a load off, grab a beer or three, and talk about anything you want to in the world of sports. I'll listen....even if I don't know your name.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I THINK VICK HAS MADE A DISCRACE OF THE N.F.L. AND ALL ITS FANS WHO BACKED HIM ALL THESE YEARS.IF IT WOULD BE ANY OTHER PERSON,YOU WOULD BE SURE TO GET THE MAXIMUM 5 YEARS.ALL PLAYERS SHOULD SIT UP AND TAKE NOTE THAT OFF FIELD ACTIONS ARE CARRIED ON TO THE FIELD,AND DO REFLECT ON ITS PLAYERS AND COACHES.BE AN EMMITT OR AN AIKMAN ATTITUDE PLAYER,FOR THESE ARE THE TYPE OF PLAYERS WHO GET CHAMPIONSHIP AND SUPERBOWL RINGS,NOT FELONIES.